FTA launches free mobile app - stay on track throughout the Olympic Games
19 July 2012
Freight Transport Association is proud to launch the brand new FTA app to keep the logistics industry up to date and informed for this summer's Olympic and Paralympic Games.
In preparation for the Games, the entire freight industry has been gearing itself up to ensure it has all the information it needs to keep running smoothly and with the help of FTA's free app, users will now have even more information at their fingertips.
The app includes the latest news, traffic updates, details of Games Lanes and Olympic and Paralympic Route Networks, information on delivery arrangements, a calendar of dates showing the expected congestion on each day of the Games, a list of venues, links to helpful sites including Transport for London (TfL) and London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) and useful contact details.
The free app is compatible with iPhone and Android devices and can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play. More information can be found on the FTA website at www.fta.co.uk/mobileapp
FTA is pulling out all the stops in guiding, informing and supporting its members throughout the Games. In addition to the app:
• a dedicated Olympic microsite has been developed
• a dedicated FTA Olympic Advisor will be on hand to answer any Games questions in the FTA Member Advice Centre
• there will be regular traffic information on email bulletins, SMS messages and emergency alerts for those who have registered
• an Olympics member support guide is available
• and downloads and guidance on night-time deliveries have been provided